This Easy Cranberry Fluff Salad is made with cranberries, pineapple, marshmallows, whipped topping, and sugar. This fluffy salad can be a side dish or dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
This recipe is everyones favorite cranberry salad. It’s gobbled up much like stuffing and turkey is! So, if you’re looking for easy cranberry salad recipes for thanksgiving, this one is for you!
Best Thanksgiving Side Dishes
The holiday season is full of many traditions, and that extends right down to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.
The best Thanksgiving dinner includes a plate full of turkey or a glazed pineapple ham, creamy mashed potatoes, slow cooker stuffing, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, gravy, and baking powder biscuits.
While we love traditional holiday dinner staples, I like to make small swaps and additions where I can. Usually this means trying a new vegetable side dish, salad or dessert.
Our Broccoli Salad is a wonderful holiday side dish, pairing delicious autumnal ingredients with the sweetness of raisins and craisins.
This is the secret to planning a success holiday meal – pairing savory dishes with sweet ones as well. There’s nothing better than having a warm gravy covered bite, then following it with a sweet and cool contrast.
This Cranberry Pineapple Salad is another tangy and sweet combination for the holiday table.
This Cranberry Fluff Salad Recipe might just become a new holiday tradition for your Thanksgiving table. A festive delight for every occasion!
As always, the full printable recipe is on the recipe card at the end of the post.
Variations and Substitutions
One of the most common variations when making a cranberry fluff recipe is to use heavy whipping cream instead of store bought cool whip.
To use, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form, and fold the whipped cream into the salad (as well, increase the granulated sugar amount to 2/3 cup).
You can add other fruits such as mandarin oranges or chopped grapes. For another fluff salad recipe, troy our Strawberry Fluff.
For another taste and texture addition, add chopped crunchy pecans to the top of the salad.
How to Make Cranberry Fluff Salad
- Chop – Add cranberries to a food processor, and pulse to chop. Once chopped, drain any excess liquid.
- Mix – Add chopped cranberries, crushed pineapple, sugar and miniature marshmallows into a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Chill – Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours to overnight.
- Combine – Remove from fridge and add in the whipped topping. Fold to combine.
- Enjoy – Serve this cranberry marshmallow salad cold.
Make ahead and Storage
To Make Ahead – Cranberry Fluff Salad needs to be made at least 3 hours ahead of time. For best results, make the day before. This is most welcome during the busy holiday season.
To Store: Store leftover cranberry salad in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Place in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
FAQs about Cranberry Fluff
More Cranberry Recipes
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh OR frozen, thawed and drained)
- 398ml can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2.5 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Chop cranberries using a food processor. Once chopped, drain any excess liquid.
- Add chopped cranberries, crushed pineapple, sugar and marshmallows into a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours to overnight.
- Remove from fridge and add in whipped topping. Fold to combine.
- Serve cold.
- This salad needs to be chilled 3 hours to overnight before serving. Serve cold.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for 2-3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 1g
Created by Tammi Roy
Tammi Roy is the founder of My Organized Chaos, a Canadian food and lifestyle blog. She lives in Alberta, Canada and is the mom of three beautiful teenage girls. Tammi’s passions are her family, creating and sharing delicious recipes, travelling and photography. Learn more about Tammi.