Slow Cooker Ham is a classic and iconic meal, yet there’s so many variations on this recipe. Here is my go-to for the best Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham ever, easy to make with just 5 ingredients – and so delicious!
A great ham dinner is one that is so welcome during the bitterest of winter months. The ease and tastiness of the meal makes it a favourite any time of year and not just the holiday season.
This is a perfect slow cooker recipe for a special occasion to an easy recipe for the weeknight meal.
When buying a ham I always look to a spiral ham or just a boneless ham if the spiral is not available or just too expensive. As well, I usually don’t use the flavouring packet that comes with it.
I love the ease in cutting and serving spiral cooked hams, it’s a convenience that I’ve grown very fond of.
For this recipe I usually use a 4-5 pound ham, though you can really make it with any size as long as it fits in your slow cooker.
Prepare yourself, this will be the easiest, most tender, and juicy ham ever made, and right in the crockpot!
It makes the perfect holiday ham, so this is a recipe you might find yourself making year after year. Plus, who doesn’t love leftover ham?
How to cook ham in the slow cooker
Rather than dump and forget for the day, I love that this recipe has one easy step after a few hours of cooking, and it also takes simple ingredients.
This step really seals in that deliciousness and coat the flavour so nicely. It’s just a small step that produces great big results.
Ingredients to make slow cooker ham:
- 1/2 spiral ham
- pineapple chunks or pineapple rings
- brown sugar
- chili flakes
- ground ginger
Place ham in crockpot and cooked with canned pineapple (with pineapple juice) and brown sugar.
The secret is to sprinkle reserved sugar, dried chili flakes and ground ginger over the ham in the last 30 minutes of cooking.
The reason for this is that the flavours will soften and stay on top of the ham rather than melting into the liquid in the pot.
My favourite flavour of slow cooker ham recipe is this Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham, it’s a combination of flavours that has proven itself to be the best time and time again.
If you’d like to use fresh pineapple for this ham recipe, make sure to also include pineapple juice as well. You’ll want it for the brown sugar glaze.
I do love preference when making this recipe, so if you’d like to add maple syrup or dijon mustard to the mixture, go ahead.
Not one flavour in this recipe is too strong, but a happy blend of perfection in each and every bite.
This crockpot ham and pineapple recipe is sure to please all tastes and preferences. This recipe is the reason why I always buy a spiral cut ham when I see it at an affordable price.
If the best slow cooker pork recipe is what you are looking for, this blog is where to find them!
How to cook a precooked ham in a slow cooker
I love this Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham recipe because it takes just 5 ingredients and the method of cooking means it’s ready when we are.
So white it’s pre-cooked, it’s all about that infusion of the perfect ingredients for the glaze and sauce.
No fuss and extra time spared to prep and cook isn’t necessary. I love crockpot ham because it frees up oven space, to make your favourite side dishes or even dessert to go with the meal.
It’s been my go-to when making crockpot ham for a holiday meal, and I’m very happy to share this recipe with my readers. If only you could taste right through the screen!
Slow Cooker Ham with Pineapple
Some may disagree, but ham is better with pineapple, just like the pizza!
So feel free to add more pineapple than the recipe calls for, because you’ll also want some of the pineapple slices and glaze for the leftovers as well.
How to Store Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Ham
- To Store: Crockpot Ham can be kept in an airtight container or covered with aluminum foil, and refrigerated for up to 5 days. It provides so many options for leftovers.
- To Freeze: I usually freeze half the finished slow cooker ham, and enjoy another hectic night. Thaw in the refrigerator and then bake until fully reheated.
It’s always a happy surprise to find a container of a great home-cooked meal waiting instead of something prepackaged.
Below is the yummy recipe for this crockpot ham, my friends. Enjoy this for Christmas dinner, Easter dinner – or just when you want a comforting meal.
This flavourful ham is a delicious recipe to give plenty of leftovers for sandwiches, casseroles and more.
And if you’re looking for another great ham recipe, try our Pepper Jelly Cranberry Glazed Ham. So divine!
- 1/2 spiral ham (unwrap from plastic and discard or save any flavouring packet glaze that may come with it
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 1 cup brown sugar, split into ¼ c and 3/4 c amounts
- 1 pinch dried chili flakes
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- Place ham into the slow cooker
- Take ¼ c brown sugar and sprinkle it over the top of the ham
- Pour the reserved juice around the sides of the ham
- Sprinkle half the pineapple over top and around the ham
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours or low for 4.5
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar, dried chili flakes and ground ginger
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture as well as the remaining pineapple chunks over top the ham in the last 30 minutes of cooking. The reason for this is that the flavours will soften and stay on top of the ham rather than melting into the liquid in the pot.
- Let it cook for the remaining ½ hour
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Saturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 712mgCarbohydrates: 26gSugar: 24gProtein: 133g