Baked French Onion Pork Chops are a delicious and easy-to-make dinner option that’s perfect for busy weeknights. Juicy and tender pork chops are smothered in a creamy sauce with melty cheese and crispy fried onions on top.
With just a few simple steps and in less than 1 hour, you will have a savoury dish on your table. Whether you’re looking for a new twist on classic pork chops or simply want to impress your family with a comforting weeknight meal, this recipe is sure to become one of your go-to favorites!
If you love all the flavors of French Onion Soup, you’ll love this easy recipe for French Onion Smothered Pork Chops. It make such juicy pork chops in the most flavourful french onion gravy with the crunch of fried onions.
I’m not surprised that so many love our French Onion Chicken Bake recipe. French Onion Smothered Pork Chops will be on its heels for being a fan favorite as well.
We love to have french onion pork chops with sides such as Mashed Potatoes, Mac and Cheese or Baking Powder Biscuits, along with Green Beans – It’s an easy dinner that is ideal for the whole family, and for special occasions.
Plus I love that this easy pork chop recipe uses up those extras that like to hang around in your kitchen.
I seem to always have extra sour cream, crispy fried onions and french onion dip on hand from previous uses. It’s always nice to use items up that would otherwise go to waste.
As always, the full recipe is on the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
How to Make French Onion Pork Chops
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place pork chops in a single layer into the prepared baking dish. Lightly season with salt and black pepper, as preferred.
- In a small bowl combine the French onion dip, sour cream and brown gravy mix.
- Spread mixture evenly on top of the pork chops.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and the French-fried onions.
- Bake uncovered 40-50 minutes or until pork chops reach an internal temp of 145 degrees (using a meat thermometer) and the top is golden brown. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired, and serve warm.
What Goes with French Onion Pork Chops?
There are many tasty side dishes that go well with this french onion pork chops recipe.
French Onion Chicken Bake
If you love this recipe, make sure to try our French Onion Chicken Bake. It’s popular with our readers.
Leftover pork chops should be stored in an airtight container (or covered with plastic wrap) and refrigerated for up to 4 days.
You can reheat leftovers in the microwave, skillet, or in the oven until heated through. Leftovers the next day are most welcome, especially if its a busy weeknight.
FAQs about French Onion Pork Chops
French Onion Pork Chops are a delicious and easy-to-make meal that is sure to impress your family and friends. With its rich and savory flavors, this dish is perfect for any occasion, whether it be a special dinner or a casual weeknight meal.
By following this simple recipe, you can bring the classic taste of French onion soup to your dinner table in no time. So why not give it a try and experience this flavorful comfort food, for yourself?
More Pork Recipes to Try
- 6-8 Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops, cut approximately 1 ½ inches thick
- 1 Cup French Onion Dip (I used Heluva Good Dip brand)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 (0.87oz) Packet Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 ½ cups French-fried Onions
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and prepare a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place pork chops in baking dish and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine French onion dip, sour cream and brown gravy mix.
- Spread mixture evenly over pork chops.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and French-fried onions.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until pork chops reach an internal temp of 145 degrees.
- Make sure to use the French onion dip found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. The shelf-stable variety does not come out the same.
- If using thin cut pork chops instead of thick cut, be sure to reduce cooking time. I would suggest checking their internal temp at 30 minutes.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 563mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g
Created by Tammi Roy
Tammi Roy is the founder of My Organized Chaos, a Canadian food and lifestyle blog. She lives in Alberta, Canada and is the mom of three beautiful teenage girls. Tammi’s passions are her family, creating and sharing delicious recipes, travelling and photography. Learn more about Tammi.