These Crispy Parmesan Air Fryer Green Beans are a no-oil healthier option to fries. A delicious snack, side dish or appetizer. Also includes oven instructions for a baked version.
One of the best things about the air fryer is how we perceive fried foods. You know, those calories-laden and oil-infused finger foods that we hesitate to dive into?
As an alternative to french fries, here is our easy air fryer recipe – Air Fryer Green Beans. They have a crispy texture thanks to a crunchy coating of bread crumbs and parmesan. I guess you can also call them parmesan green bean fries!
These Air Fryer Green Beans make the perfect snack, easy side dish, weeknight treat, or as an appetizer for game nights or when entertaining.
It was a simple choice on whether to include this one in our air fryer recipes collection. It’s since become my favorite green beans recipe, and it’s such a simple recipe.
With just 6 ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these air fryer green bean fries in less than a half hour.
It has a prep time of 15 minutes and a cook time of 10 minutes, an excellent side dish in a cooking time of less than 30 minutes. Pair with your favourite dipping sauce and dive in with both hands!
How to Make Crispy Parmesan Air Fryer Green Beans
You’ll need the following simple ingredients to make this easy air fryer green beans recipe, and the full recipe is below in the printable recipe card:
- all purpose flour (or almond flour)
- grated parmesan cheese
- panko bread crumbs
- green and yellow beans
- Salt and black pepper
To Make: Set up a station that has a plate of washed yet not dried fresh green beans, a small mixing bowl with flour, a bowl with beaten eggs, and another large bowl with the dry ingredients mixture. So you’ll need three shallow bowls.
Working one bean at a time, first dip the bean into the flour, followed by the egg mixture, and finally dip into the panko bread mixture. Repeat with the rest of the beans.
Place the beans in a single layer in an air fryer basket. You will have to do at least 2 batches, since they cannot overlap or touch.
Stir halfway through cooking and spray with olive oil if needed. Serve the crispy green bean fries immediately by taking them out using tongs.
If you have excess oil, blot them on paper towel after removing from the air-fryer basket.
Serve with a dipping sauce, if preferred.
How to Make Oven Baked Crispy Coated Green Beans
I’m including the oven method of instructions for making this recipe, for those without an air fryer. Follow the below steps, or refer to my easy recipe for Roasted Parmesan Green Beans.
- Preheat the oven at 400 ˚F
- Complete the steps as in the Air Fryer method to wash and coat each green bean.
- Place on a baking sheet and cover with parchment paper. Spray with a little bit of oil.
- Cook in the oven for 12 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce if desired
What to Serve with Air Fryer Green Beans
These air fryer green bean have that crunchy texture on the outside and a tender and juicy inside, much like french fries.
As such, you can eat them alone or with dip for a snack or delicious side dish. Options are sriracha mayo, ranch dressing or with your favorite dipping sauce.
You can also serve the these air fryer vegetables with a little fresh lemon juice, it helps to bring out the best flavors of your favorite greens.
Main Dishes Ideas with Air Fryer Green Beans:
- Easy Pan Seared Lemon Salmon
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
Can I Use Frozen Green Beans?
Yes, yet note that frozen vegetables will take more time to cook in the air fryer.
How to Store Air Fryer Green Beans
If you have leftovers of this recipe, place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You cannot make these ahead of time and freeze them.
How to Reheat Air Fryer Green Beans
To reheat the air fryer beans, for best results, place them into the Air fryer and cook at 350˚F for 3 minutes. They will turn out warm and crispy again. Reheating in the microwave will make them soggier, and most prefer crispy green beans.
If you’d rather use the oven, put them in at 200 degrees using an oven-safe dish. Some parts might be soggy if they are overlapping, keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
Tips in making Air Fryer Green Beans
Make sure your beans don’t overlap for texture consistency. If they overlap and touch, the hot air won’t be able to circulate around the food well and they might become soggy with areas that aren’t fully cooked. Batch cook this healthy snack recipe, to ensure all are cooked and the texture is even.
I hope you enjoy this healthy side dish as much as we do! This is a great one to make if you have leftover green beans from a sunday dinner.
For another great green bean recipe, try our Green Bean Casserole, which is a perfect side dish for the holiday season.
Have you tried making an air fryer dessert yet? These Air Fryer Churro Bites are heaven and so simple to make.
It’s one of the most delicious air fryer recipes we’ve made, along with Air Fryer Corn on the Cob.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 lb green and yellow beans
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash the green and yellow beans, yet don’t dry them. If they are a little wet the flour will stick to them better.
- Place the flour in a medium bowl.
- Place the beaten eggs in the second medium bowl
- And finally, combine the panko breadcrumbs and grated parmesan in a third medium bowl.
- Take one bean at a time, first dip it the flour, followed by the eggs, and finally dip in the panko bread mixture.
- Repeat with the rest of the green and yellow beans.
- Place the beans in a single layer in the basket of the air fryer. You will have to do 2 batches.
- Cook at 380 ˚F for 10 minutes, Stir halfway through cooking.
- Serve immediately with a dipping sauce if desired.
- The green and yellow beans can keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days, do not freeze.
- To reheat the green and yellow beans place them in the Air fryer and cook at 350 ˚F for 3 minutes.
- The blog post has instructions for cooking in the oven instead of the air fryer - www.myorganizedchaos.net
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 538mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 13gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g