Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites are seasoned juicy chicken bites wrapped in crispy bacon. This tasty appetizer has a smoky sweet flavor, and is made in under 30 minutes.
You’ll fall head over heels in love with this delicious recipe, I guarantee.
With delicious bacon wrapped around perfectly seasoned little bite sized chicken pieces, each piece is a flavor explosion.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites make a perfect quick and easy snack, delicious appetizer, or the protein in an easy weeknight dinner.
We all know everything is better with bacon, especially these tender bites of perfectly seasoned chicken.
Faster than baking, the air fryer takes only 13 minutes of cooking time. Plus it also makes this a healthier recipe versus other cooking methods.
Serve these at you party or gathering, and you’ll have a fan favorite appetizer. Or impress your whole family by incorporating this into your menu.
Why You’ll Love it: This Christmas treat is a quick and easy no-bake treat. With just 5 ingredients you have a treat that everyone will love. They even make a great homemade gift.
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- Serves: 8
Ingredients and Notes
Here are the 5 simple ingredients required to make this chicken recipe for the air fryer. It consists of the chicken, bacon and a three ingredienet rub.
As always, the printable recipe card is at the end of the post.
- Raw Chicken – use boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs. Cut chicken into even 1 inch pieces.
- Bacon – each long piece cut in half
- Brown Sugar – Adds some sweetness. Both light brown sugar or dark brown sugar works for this recipe.
- Smoked Paprika – Give it a bit of a smoky flavor and contrasts the sweetness perfectly.
- Garlic Powder – For flavour and a bit of spice. You can use fresh mined garlic if you’d like.
How to Make Chicken Bites in the Air Fryer
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, smoked paprika and garlic powder. Mix to combine.
- Take a piece of chicken and toss it in the brown sugar mixture to coat all sides.
- Place the seasoned chicken piece on the end of a piece of bacon and roll it up.
Secure the bacon strip closed with a toothpick. Do this with all the chicken pieces.
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Place each bacon wrapped chicken piece in the air fryer basket.
Make sure they are in a single layer and have space around them.
Note: you will need to cook these in batches.
- Air Fry at 390 degrees f for 6 minutes. Check bites and turn if needed, then continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes.
I check after 4 and decide if it needs another minute or not.
- When cooked, transfer to a plate covered with paper towel while you cook another batch
Pro tip: don’t leave them on paper towel too long or they will stick.
- Serve warm. Yet these are still tasty after they have cooled too.
NOTE: All air fryers cook differently depending on brand, and if it’s been preheated. Always use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How to Serve:
Serving as a Snack or Appetizer:
You have two options when serving as a perfect appetizer or snack.
The trio blend of seasonings make these bites sweet, smokey, with that wonderful garlic flavor.
That being said, they are so flavorful just on their own.
Yet you can serve them with your favorite dipping sauce as as well. I suggest doing this if serving at a part or gathering, as an option for everyone.
Choices for Dipping Sauce:
- Honey Mustard
- BBQ Sauce
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
Serving as a Protein for a Meal:
Whether it’s a family dinner, or a quick bite on busy weeknights, these make an excellent main for any day.
I use any excuse to make this, they have become my favorite among my air fryer chicken breast recipes. So here’s what we’ve served ours with:
- Pair with a tangy salad such as Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
- A slightly sweet salad such as Cucumber Pomegranate Salad.
- Serve with Air Fryer Asparagus with Parmesan.
- These Oven Roasted Red Potatoes make an excellent side dish.
- these Air Fryer Green Beans are so tasty. I also explain oven instructions as well.
- Make it Sweeter: For sweeter bites, add a tablespoon of maple syrup or honey to the rub. Or combine them with a bit of barbecue sauce for a dipping option.
- Spice it up: Try adding cayenne pepper or chili powder for a bit of heat.
- Bacon Options: Try this recipe using turkey bacon or maple bacon for a variation.
To Store Leftovers:
Place in an airtight container or cover well with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
The best way is to use the air fryer to reheat leftovers. This way they stay crisp.
To do so, cook for 2-3 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Or until they are heated through.
Can you freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this air fryer chicken recipe! Assemble the bacon-wrapped chicken bites, and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in a single layer.
Place in the freezer until frozen, and then place all into a freezer bag. They will be good for 3 months.
Thaw frozen bites in the fridge overnight for easier cooking. Then cook as stated in the recipe.
More Appetizer Recipes:
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Crispy Chicken Wonton Tacos
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs
- Salsa Devilled Eggs
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb bacon, each long piece cut in half
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/3 tablespoon garlic powder
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, smoked paprika and garlic powder. Mix to combine.
- Take a chicken piece and toss it in the rub mixture to coat all sides.
- Place the seasoned chicken piece on the end of a slice of bacon and roll it up. Secure with a toothpick. Do this with all chicken pieces.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place each bacon wrapped chicken piece in the air fryer basket. Make sure they are in a single layer and have space around them (note: you will need to cook these in batches).
- Air Fry at 390 degrees for 6 minutes. Check bites and turn if needed, continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- When cooked, transfer to a plate covered with paper towel while you cook another batch (tip: don't leave them on paper towel too long or they will stick).
- Serve warm, and enjoy as is or with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To reheat, place them back int he air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 390 degrees, or until heated through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 741Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 189mgSodium: 1981mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 67g
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
I’m proud to support local family-owned businesses, our economy, and helping to promote high quality meat. It’s important for myself, and to my family.
So look for the above signature logo on the package when shopping for chicken. If your grocer doesn’t provide their customers with the “Raised by a Canadian Farmer” brand, simply ask them to.
There are other ways you can support Canadian Chicken Farmers, and help make a difference to the over 78,000 Canadian jobs in the Canadian chicken industry.
Check out the list of restaurants and brands that carry Canadian Chicken.
Created by Tammi Roy
Tammi Roy is the founder of My Organized Chaos, a Canadian food and lifestyle blog. She lives in Alberta, Canada and is the mom of three beautiful teenage girls. Tammi’s passions are her family, creating and sharing delicious recipes, travelling and photography. Learn more about Tammi.