This Greek Chicken Pasta Salad is a light, fresh, and delicious cold chicken pasta salad. Loaded with seasoned chicken, fresh veggies, pasta, feta cheese and a homemade Greek salad dressing. This pasta salad is perfect for a gathering, picnic, potlucks, summer BBQ, or a side dish.
I love pasta salads for being such a well-rounded staple to so many kinds of meals. Whether I’m heading to a potluck, hosting a gathering, or need a light and fresh meal for my family – pasta salads check all boxes.
Some of my favourite creamy pasta salads are Dill Pickle Pasta Salad and BLT Pasta Salad. Yet sometimes a creamy mayo based dressing isn’t ideal. The hot summer weather and its limited time to safely sit out may not be on your side.
This is when a vinaigrette dressing saves the day. It is much more forgiving, yet just as tasty. Cold chicken pasta salad recipes are the best, especially on a hot summer day.
This Greek Chicken Pasta Salad features a delicious homemade Greek dressing. It’s also packed with Greek seasoned chicken, classic Greek vegetables like juicy tomatoes and cool cumbers, and of course – plenty of feta cheese!
This Greek chicken salad has it all. A wonderful flavour and texture, and also colourful and healthy. Really, you couldn’t ask for more.
Since this pasta salad is so loaded and includes protein, it can be a full meal on its own. Yet it’s light enough that it can be a great side dish.
This Greek Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe makes 4-6 meal-sized portions, or approximately 8-10 smaller portions. It might seem like a big salad, yet when seconds come into play you will be wishing you’ll have made more.
This Greek Pasta Salad Recipe travels well, and stores well too. So keep that in mind before you half the recipe. It’s a salad that is yummy the next day, and the leftovers make the perfect lunch.
Ingredients and Variations
This recipe takes simple ingredients and leaves so much room for variations and substitutions. As always, the full recipe is on the printable recipe card at the end of the post.
Chicken – The protein in this Greek Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe is boneless skinless chicken breast seasoned with paprika, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- It’s simple seasoning but with great results when it comes to taste. If you’d like to use fresh garlic or fresh oregano feel free, and of course follow your heart and add more or less if preferred.
Dressing – The light dressing is made with red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, dried oregano, salt and pepper. It’s light, tangy and sweet.
- Make sure to taste and follow your heart and tastebuds with this Greek dressing. Alter as needed. You could even add a squeeze of lemon juice or finely chopped parsley if you want.
Pasta – I love to use bowtie pasta as it seems to be the perfect size compared to the rest of the chopped veggies. It’s a great choice for catching and holding onto the flavours.
- You can use any other small pasta of choice such as penne or elbow.
Salad – The traditional Greek vegetables I use for this salad are cherry tomatoes, cucumber, yellow bell pepper, red onion, kalamata olives, and artichoke hearts. These are chosen for their taste and colour!
- You can add, omit, or swap vegetables as preferred. For example you can add roasted red peppers, or chopped spinach or romaine lettuce for more bulk.
Feta Cheese – Crumbled feta cheese is a must for a Greek salad. Add more or less than suggested, of course!
Fresh Parsley – For taste, use more fresh parsley if desired.
How to Make Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
Since this healthy pasta salad is packed with protein, it’s great on it’s own as a main course. When enjoyed in smaller portions, it also makes a great side dish alongside almost anything.
Here are some mouthwatering options to serve alongside your Greek chicken pasta salad:
Make Ahead and Storage
One of the best things about this pasta salad is that it is great for making ahead and it stores so well. In fact, it’s almost better the next day.
NOTE: the longer this salad sits, the more the pasta soaks up the dressing. Either reserve some of the dressing and add more before serving, or make extra to freshen up the salad later.
To Store: Place this healthy greek pasta salad with chicken in an airtight container and refrigerate. How long does greek pasta salad last? Up to 4 days! This makes it a great pasta salad to enjoy throughout the week.
More Greek Inspired Recipes
For the Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, as desired
For The Dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Pasta Salad
- 3.5 cups bowtie pasta, or other short pasta of choice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half if desired
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, cut in half if desired
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Butterfly and halve the two chicken breasts so you have 4 pieces. Season the chicken on both sides with spices in the chicken grouping. Pan-fry, grill or bake the chicken until cooked (chicken is cooked when the internal temperature in the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F).
- While the chicken is cooking, boil the pasta according to package directions. Drain cooked pasta well under cold water, and set aside. To keep cooked and drained pasta from sticking, you can drizzle some olive oil on the pasta and toss to coat.
- Combine all the ingredients together for the dressing. You can either whisk together in a bowl, or use a jar and shake with the lid on. Taste and adjust amounts if needed.
- In a large bowl add in the pasta, diced cooked chicken, the vegetables, feta cheese, and fresh parsley. Add in 3/4 of the dressing, and mix to combine. Taste and add more dressing if needed.
- Not required yet recommended - Cover and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight contianer for 4 days. Pasta will soak up the dressing as it sits, so I recommend adding more dressing before enjoying leftovers.
- This is a great dressing for any salad, so feel free to make a double batch of the dressing and store for up to 5 days.
- Use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken or even shrimp in this recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 16g
More Salad Recipes
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
As always, my chicken recipes wouldn’t be complete without using chicken with that Raised by a Canadian Farmer logo on the package.
Choosing chicken with this logo, means we are getting top quality in taste, yet it doens’t stop there. It also represents the highest in animal care and food safety.
Choosing Canadian Chicken also supports family-owned farms across Canada. There’s confidence in knowing that purchasing power is as beneficial to you as a consumer, as it is to the over 78,000 Canadian jobs you are supporting as well.
If your store doesn’t carry chicken with that logo above, ask the manager to bring it in. Yes, it’s that easy.
Created by Tammi Roy
Tammi Roy is the founder of My Organized Chaos, a Canadian food and lifestyle blog. She lives in Alberta, Canada and is the mom of three beautiful teenage girls. Tammi’s passions are her family, creating and sharing delicious recipes, travelling and photography. Learn more about Tammi.