Air Fryer Meatloaf is an easy recipe for crispy on the outside and a juicy inside, completely delicious. This comfort food is perfect for busy weeknights, and faster to make.
I love our traditional meatloaf recipe using stovetop stuffing mix. Yet sometimes there isn’t the time, nor the want to heat up the house with the oven.
The Air Fryer sure has changed the way we cook. It’s made dinnertime much easier, and it’s so kid-friendly that even the kids are cooking a lot more because of it.
Introducing the Juiciest Air Fryer Meatloaf Recipe!
While our Stovetop Stuffing Meatloaf is much loved, a classic meatloaf recipe takes over an hour to oven bake. Even more if I want to bake a 2lb meatloaf in my oven.
Thanks to the Air Fryer, it takes a fraction of the time.
The Juiciest Air Fryer Meatloaf Recipe
This recipe for meatloaf in the air fryer (air fryer meatloaf 1 lb) results in the most delicious moist meatloaf in less time.
Plus, the grease drips through the basket so you’ll never have a greasy loaf.
If you didn’t love meatloaf because it was too dense and dry growing up, our recipes help give the meal a second chance.
In other words, this easy air fryer meatloaf recipe isn’t your gramma’s meatloaf recipe! Meatloaf in an air fryer will change the way you cook.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This Air Fryer Meatloaf is a quick and easy recipe. Get that weeknight dinner on the table fast with this delicious comfort dish.
Also make sure to try our healthier Ground Chicken Meatloaf recipe!
Ground Meat: We use lean ground beef (1 lb of ground beef) for this best air fryer meatloaf. Yet you can use ground turkey or ground pork along with a combination, if you choose.
Seasonings & Binder: I use Panko bread crumbs for this recipe, along with milk, egg, onion (shallot), Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper.
Topping: The top of the meatloaf is brushed with a tangy glaze containing ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce and parsley. If you don’t care for ketchup, substitute it with your favorite barbecue sauce
How Cook Meatloaf in Air Fryer
Air Fryer Meat Loaf is super easy to make, as I’ll detail below. The full instructions are in the printable recipe card at the end of the post.
- In a medium bowl (or large bowl), mix the ingredients of the meatloaf.
- Shape the meatloaf mixture into a loaf shape.
- Place the meatloaf in the air fryer basket, and cook in a preheated air fryer at 375˚F for 15 minutes.
- While the meatloaf cooks, mix the ingredients for the topping into a small bowl.
- With a brush add the topping on top of the meatloaf.
- Cook at 375˚F for another 10 minutes. It’s done when an instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from air fryer and cut into slices using a serrated knife. Enjoy every bite of this tender meatloaf!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Meatloaf
Sides to serve with meatloaf are many. Some popular options are mashed potatoes or your choice from the following:
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Glazed Carrots
- Tossed Green Salad
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Garlic Herb Roasted Red Potatoes
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Tater Tots
How to Store Leftover Meatloaf
We don’t usually have leftover meatloaf, yet if you do, it’s so good the next day.
Store extra meatloaf in an airtight container or cover well with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
How to Reheat Meatloaf in the Air Fryer
To use the air fryer to reheat meatloaf, you can simply place the leftovers on parchment paper or aluminum foil that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Cook for 3-5 minutes at 350˚F or until thoroughly reheated. I’ve found it to be the best way to reheat meatloaf.
Air Fryer Meatloaf Tips
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure that the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees F, to ensure it’s thoroughly cooked.
- Reserve some sauce to serve with the meatloaf for those that like more topping.
- Make smaller loaves of meatloaf by dividing the meat mixture into 2-3 smaller portions. Cook at the same temperature yet adjust the cook time.
- To avoid smoking from the grease dripping, the easy way is to place a piece of bread under the air fryer basket to catch the grease. Or, place a cup of water into the bottom of the air fryer.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl mix the ingredients of the meatloaf.
- Shape the beef mixture into a loaf.
- Place the meatloaf in the air fryer and cook at 375 ˚F for 15 minutes.
- During that time in a small bowl, mix the ingredients of the topping.
- With a brush add the topping on top of the meatloaf.
- Cook at 375 ˚F for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with mashed potatoes or you choice of side dishes.
- You can use any ground meat in this recipe, such as pork, turkey, or chicken.
- For oven: bake in an 350 ˚F oven for 45-60 minutes.
- Store leftover meatloaf in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 542mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 23g
Created by Tammi Roy
Tammi Roy is the founder of My Organized Chaos, a Canadian food and lifestyle blog. She lives in Alberta, Canada and is the mom of three beautiful teenage girls. Tammi’s passions are her family, creating and sharing delicious recipes, travelling and photography. Learn more about Tammi.