Christmas Oreo Balls
Christmas Oreo Balls are an easy no-bake dessert made in just 30 minutes. With crushed Oreo cookies, cream cheese, melted chocolate, and sprinkles; it’ll be a holiday season favorite treat.
The need for a perfect treat this time of year, is one strong force. Am I right?
Yet the Christmas season is such a busy time of year. Adding on holiday baking can feel like the present that broke Santas back.
I know the appreciate for an easy recipe that fits into any schedule. I’ve been there, and stayed because its cozy.
With an Oreo cream cheese filling covered with a rich chocolate coating, each bite is delicious.
All you need is 4 ingredients and 30 minutes. Perhaps this is the easiest holiday baking you’ll ever do!
So simple that the kids can help make these. They’ll also love being able to decorate and personalize every one with different colors.
The whole family will agree that these are great to have on hand as a snack. I’ve been knows for grabbing one as an afternoon goodie with coffee.
Yet to make them a trifecta of deliciousness – they are a hit at holiday parties too.
Why You’ll Love it: An easy 30 minute no-bake dessert for the holiday season. Perfect for a snack, treat tray, or dessert. The whole family will love to help make these and enjoy them.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Chill Time: 20 Minutes
If you are one to make a Christmas treat tray or participate in a cookie exchange, this is one classic recipe to have on that tray.
I always include these and Whipped Shortbread Cookies.
Also good for a cookie exchange, is our super easy Christmas Trash Snack Mix. This one is a fast no bake festive treat, just like our No Bake Eggnog Pie.
Yet these Peanut Butter Confetti Squares will never go out of style.
For those that are a fan of Oreo cookies, you will simply adore these Oreo Truffles.
Yet if peanut butter will forever have your heart, you’ll want to try these Peanut Butter Snowballs. I first made these years ago, and they’ve been a Christmas staple since.
You if you are looking for a classic cookie, you simply must try our Christmas Snowball Cookies.
Using 4 simple ingredients, I bet you have these in your pantry right now. You might not need a trip to the grocery store to make this simple dessert.
- Oreo Cookies – you will need on package or this recipe.
- Cream Cheese – for best results make sure it’s softened cream cheese.
- White Chocolate Candy Melts – I like to use white candy melts to contrast the dark chocolate middle, yet you can use whichever colour or flavor you’d like.
Melts just like its name melt the best, but you can use white chocolate chips or chocolate chunks if needed.
- Christmas Sprinkles – there’s so many options for sprinkles, so get creative. This is of course optional, and I go into detail under variations below.
How to Make Oreo Cake Balls
Here are the simple steps to make this recipe. Yet as always, the full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Place the Oreo cookies into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until ground.
Alternatively, you can place them in a heavy duty ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Transfer the crushed Oreos to a medium mixing bowl and add the softened cream cheese. Stir until combined.
- Roll the Oreo mixture into 1-inch balls (this recipe makes about 24 balls), and refrigerate them for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in the microwave using a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 30-second intervals until evenly melted. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Coat each cookie dough ball with melted chocolate (see the tip below), and decorate with sprinkles on top.
Make sure to add sprinkles before chocolate hardens. This is why you should coat and decorate one ball before moving onto coating another Oreo ball.
- Let the Oreo balls harden on a plate or cookie tray covered with parchment paper. They will be easier to remove versus not using parchment paper.
- Store them in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
Pro Tip: For less mess and faster coating, use kitchen tongs to dip and grab coated the balls into the melted chocolate.
There are so many ways to decorate these no-bake OREO balls. You can try a new way each time or have multiple options at once.
Since it’s the Christmas season, this recipe is focused on a oreo ball recipe for the holidays.
Yet keep in mind, you can decorate them to suit any holiday or for special occasions.
Cake Ball Variations
I love Oreo cookies for this Christmas Oreo Balls recipe, yet you can use any sandwich cookie you’d like. Golden Oreos or Mint Oreos are also a good choice.
There are some great flavored ones out there, I’m sure any would be a great choice.
Use different color candy melts, or choose flavored candy melts.
You can also mix and match to get a variety of looks. Whether it’s the main coated chocolate or a drizzle after the coating has hardened.
Options include milk chocolate, dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate.
When it comes to decoration, you can use any shape of sprinkles or candy flakes.
Try crushed nuts instead of sprinkles. I suggest pecans, walnuts or peanuts.
Try adding crushed candy such as candy canes or another favorite candy.
How to Store
Due to the cream cheese in these cookie balls, they need to stay cool.
So store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container, for up to 2 weeks.
If you are stacking these Oreo balls for storage, put parchment paper or wax paper in between the balls. This will prevent them from sticking together.
Can you freeze cookie balls?
Yes, you can. Make sure they are sealed well in an airtight container. They will keep for up to 3 months.
Make sure to thaw frozen cookie balls in the fridge before serving.
Festive Treats For Christmas Time
- Salted Caramel Gingerbread Cupcakes
- Pecan Haystacks
- Santa Hat Cupcakes
- Eggnog Cookies
- Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies
Christmas Oreo Balls
Christmas Oreo Balls are an easy no-bake dessert made in just 30 minutes. With crushed Oreo cookies, cream cheese, melted chocolate, and sprinkles; it'll be a holiday season favorite treat.
- 1 (14 oz) package Oreo Cookies
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (5 oz) white chocolate chunks, melted
- 2 tbsp Christmas-themed sprinkles
- Place Oreo cookies in a food processor, and pulse until ground.
- Transfer ground Oreos to a mixing bowl and add the softened cream cheese. Stir until combined.
- Roll the Oreo mixture into 24 balls. Then, refrigerate them in a single layer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals until evenly melted. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Coat each ball with melted chocolate and sprinkle some sprinkles on top. Let them harden on a plate or tray covered with parchment paper.
- Store them in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Use kitchen tongs to grab coated balls.
- Spread sprinkles immediately after coating as the chocolate hardens fast.
- Drizzle another colour of melted chocolate on top of the hardened balls for another look
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
More Easy Dessert Recipes!
Created by Tammi Roy
Tammi Roy is the founder of My Organized Chaos, a Canadian food and lifestyle blog. She lives in Alberta, Canada and is the mom of three beautiful teenage girls. Tammi’s passions are her family, creating and sharing delicious recipes, travelling and photography. Learn more about Tammi.