Easter Mini Bundt Cakes are made from a cake mix, and are the easiest Easter Desserts you’ll ever make. Kids love to choose their own candy toppings and enjoy their very own cake.
While these are ideal for upcoming Easter, these mini cakes are also perfect for any holiday from celebrating the spring season to Mother’s Day, and St. Patrick’s Day to Christmas.
It’s a standard recipe that can be customized for any occasion with a simple change of toppings.
I love delicious desserts that are so very simple to make. Which is why I have a soft spot for treats made with boxed cake mix. It started with these Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies, which are so pretty yet possibly the best cookie there ever was.
Then, I spotted strawberry cake mix while in store, and made these Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I’m always on the hunt for boxed cake mix recipes, for their simplicity but also because I’m hardly disappointed that they aren’t made from scratch.
The taste is always great, and there’s plenty of flavours to choose from. For this recipe I used yellow cake mix, but truthfully, you can use whichever flavour you prefer.
Mini bundt cakes are a good choice because everyone does cupcakes. It’s a simple change that will make these mini individual desserts stand out.
They are a pretty shape, even before decorated. All you ned is a Mini Bundt Cake Pan, and the one linked for you, is a 12 cavity great quality pan. Plus, it’s under $11.
Bundt cakes are one of the prettiest kinds of desserts. And then…mini bundt cakes? I mean who doesn’t want a cake of their own!
We’re sharing our tips on making these easy spring cakes today. You can use carrot cake, pink velvet, lemon or even chocolate.
MINI BUNDT CAKE MAKING TIPS
When making mini bundt cakes using a box cake mix according to the directions on the back of the box, it will make about 12 mini bundt cakes.
Which is perfect for this Wilton Mini Fluted Tube Pan, 12-Cavity.
I use cooking spray and then a dusting of flour when I bake with my bundt cake pans. It helps to ensure the baked goods don’t stick to the pan.
You also want to allow the cakes to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before moving them to a wire rack.
This helps for easy removal, and to set the cake a little so that the wires of the rack doesn’t indent the cakes. Keep in mind, if you leave the cakes in the pan too long, you’ll have a difficult time removing them.
MINI BUNDT CAKE DECORATING IDEAS
Customize your mini bundt cakes with your choice of frosting and candy toppings. This is the part that kids love most.
It’s aways great to have recipes that get children in the kitchen, and learn to have some fun with cooking and baking. Here are some decorating options:
- Sprinkles! There’s all sorts of colours and shapes available. It’s a good idea to get at least a couple of choices.
- Jelly Beans
- Easter Mini Chocolate Eggs
- Crushed candy or chocolates
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS EASTER OR SPRING DESSERTS?
- Chocolate Macaroon Nests
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake
- The Best Carrot Cake Ever
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Easter Eggs
- Glazed Lemon Cookies
- • 1 box of your favourite yellow cake mix and ingredients according to package
- • 1 container of white vanilla frosting (16 oz)
- • Red food colouring
- • Yellow food colouring
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare a nonstick mini Bundt cake pan with baking spray (and if desired, a light dusting of flour). In large bowl, prepare your favourite cake mix according to directions.
- Once fully mixed, divide yellow cake batter equally into cake pan cups (about 1/3 cup each). Be sure to fill cake pan cups only half way.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pan then carefully loosen around sides of each cake with small knife; turn upside down onto cooling rack, and remove the cakes the rest of the way. Allow cakes to continue to cool for about 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, add half of the frosting and a few drops of food colouring to reached desired tint of pink. Microwave for 10 to 15 seconds, stirring until smooth glaze consistency. If necessary, heat in 5 second increments until desired consistency is reached.
- Carefully spoon over the tops of the cakes (allow some frosting to drip down). Sprinkle the tops of with sprinkles or your favourite spring candy. Repeat with yellow or any other colours desired.
Have an assortment of decorations for topping so everyone can get creative with their cakes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 324mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g