This Easy Berry Trifle dessert will be the star of your dinner party, and it’s so simple to assemble. Add some fresh berries to your summer menu with this yummy Mason Jar Trifle.
This Strawberries and Cream Cake is divine yet if you are looking for more berry recipes may I suggest Blueberry Shortcake or Berry Salsa?
Trifle isn’t usually on my must-make radar, and I don’t even know why?! When I do make it, I always think that I need to make it more often than I do. Actually, this thought is with each and every enjoyed bite.
Really, it’s the prime example of an easy summer dessert!
Yet, we have been enjoying trifle more and more lately, as my oldest started taking reins in the kitchen. Slowly and surely she’s building her own recipe box, and looking at her track record already, she might be taking over the recipe box here very soon.
She’s a natural in the kitchen, and doesn’t hold back when trying any recipe or meal.
In the summertime, I can’t get enough of our city market, I’m there each week loading up on fresh foods and right now I’m all about the berries!
Berry Trifle was first made when I scored a huge box of blueberries, more than I knew what to do with.
The recipe speaks for itself, there’s no further explanation required except to say that I’m all over this as I am to summer. It combines all of my favourite dessert items into one beautifully layered masterpiece.
I love the look of individual mason jar servings of berry trifle, yet you could make one big batch as well.
Raise your spoon and give a toast to summer!
How often do you make trifle?
This Easy BERRY TRIFLE dessert will be the star of your dinner party, and it's so simple to assemble. Add some fresh berries to your summer menu with this yummy Mason Jar Trifle.
- 1 cup of berries , fresh or frozen, but thawed. for sauce
- 1/2 Pound angel food cake or shortcake, I made shortcake according to the recipe on the Bisquick box, shortcake is great at soaking up the berry sauce. You can totally buy your cake if you wis
- 2 cups Fresh berries, amount as desired strawberries, blueberries, blackberries etc
- Whipped Cream
FOR THE BERRY SAUCE
- Place the cup of berries in a food processor until the berries are all blended. This is a personal taste, you can process until very smooth or leave it with chunks of fruit.
- Make the shortcake if needed and set aside until cooled
- Break your cake by hand into large pieces.
- Making layers in a cup or tall bowl, with the first layer being a few pieces of the scake, then add berries, then the whipped cream.... and so on.
- Once you have reached the top of the cup pour some of the berry sauce over it and decorate with a berry. You can also add a spoon of the sauce in the middle of the trifle too.
- Best way to eat this is to mix everything first so there's a little bit of each layer in every spoon.
Make individual cups or one large portion.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Saturated Fat: 1gSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
This looks amazingly delicious! Can’t wait to make this for a summer treat!
I love berries in desserts! This looks so good and would be an amazing light treat for a dessert!
That looks delicious! Fruit desserts are one of my favorite summer treats.
How good does this look? I bet it tastes even better.
This is one of the easiest trifle recipes I’ve seen. My family loves it, so I’ll be sure to try this variation.
Yummmm, these look really good, easy enough to make too, I love the presentation in the mason jar!!
gosh that looks good
Thanks for the recipe! This looks soooo delish! Love berries and shortcake!
Oh my! This looks soon good lol… can’t wait to make it, ty
Easy to do. I tried with some left over devils food cake and oh my!!
I Can’t wait to make this dessert for supper as it looks amazing!
That looks so good!! I’ll be trying that out this weekend!
That looks and sounds delicious!
I love a good trifle but I never make it either. I don’t know why since it’s so easy!
This looks healthy & delicious!! Must try this tomorrow
Let me know what you think when you do!
Love the presentation. mason jars rock
they really do!
Yum! I have never made trifle and I don’t think I have ever tried it! It looks delicious, though, and reminds me of an episode of Friends.
I have to say that I don’t make trifle that often, not sure why since I do like it. I am thinking it might be good for dessert this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!
Thanks love berry recipes
Same here! Mmm!
Trifle always makes me think of my mom – she made trifle every year at Christmas!
Yummy. I have a lot of fruit around too, and this is so simple.
This looks so yummy!! Love the idea of it in a mason jar great for the summer 🙂
We make it a few times a year, always in the summer when the fresh berries are out, yours looks delicious!