Mini Mocha Cheesecakes
These easy and delicious Mini Mocha Cheesecakes have a cookie crust, mocha filling, and are topped with cocoa cool chip and chocolate coffee beans.
One of the most best flavours of the Winter season is MOCHA.
Not just because I love coffee and chocolate, it’s a classic combination that I just can’t resist. I find the taste so comforting.
These adorable individual sized Mini Mocha Cheesecakes have 3 layers of awesomeness:
The taste isn’t an intense mocha flavour though, subtle yet attractive making one delicious dessert.
Some cheesecakes are difficult to make, if not destined to fail. This recipe is so simple to make, even a beginner would have great success. I’d consider it a no-fail cheesecake recipe.
Aside from the mocha cheesecake filling (which is amazing being such a coffee lover), the frosting might just be my favourite part.
This easy cheesecake dessert features cool whip frosting, which has a hint of mocha taste. They are a coffee lover’s dream.
It’s light and not too sweet, a perfect compliment to cheesecake which is known to be heavy and filling.
Our recipe takes simple ingredients, with the full details on the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. I’ve included some tips and suggestions as well.
You will also need mini cupcake paper liners. I have foil-lined muffin cups that work so well.
- Cream Filled Chocolate Sandwich Cookies – think, Oreos. Any vanilla creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies will be fine. Crush in a ziplock bag or using a food processor.
- Butter and Cream Cheese – for the base, room temperature room temperature cream cheese and butter for best results
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Instant Coffee – Original roast will do
- Dark Chocolate – I used Baker’s Premium 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate. You can also use semisweet chocolate.
- Whipped Topping – cool whip, regular or light
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate-covered Coffee Beans – you could use plain coffee beans or espresso beans. Coat them in melted chocolate and allow them to cool on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
How to Make Mocha Cheesecakes
- Heat oven to 350ºF. If you haven’t already done so, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave and allow to cool.
Make sure you’re melting the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, melting in small increments (10 second intervals) so the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Mix together the cookie crumbs and butter. Press about 1 Tbsp. onto bottom of each of the muffin cups, placing them all on a baking sheet. Bake crust for approximately 8 min.
- Beat softened cream cheese and sugar with a stand mixer (or electric mixer) using the paddle attachment and a large bowl, until blended.
- Add eggs and beat until blended. Dissolve coffee (or instant espresso powder) in water, and add to batter with melted chocolate. Beat until blended again.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each cup, on top of the chocolate cookie crust. Note: Cups will be full.
- Bake 23 to 25 min. or until centres are almost set. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix Cool Whip and cocoa powder until blended; and pipe cool whip mixture onto cooled cheesecakes with a pastry bag (piping bag or just spread on using a knife). Garnish with chocolate covered coffee beans.
PRO TIP: Make Your Own Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans!
Dip your own whole coffee beans or espresso beans into melted chocolate. And allow them to completely cool on parchment paper. It’s cheaper than buying them from the grocery store.
Instead of mini cupcake liners, you can also use mini cheesecake pans.
Place leftover mini cheesecakes in an airtight contianer and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Can You Freeze This Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze mini mocha cheesecakes without the topping, they freeze very well when stored well. This makes them a great make-ahead dessert. Individual cheesecakes are great for the holiday season, gifting or taking to potlucks.
More Dessert Recipes:
- If you’re in the mood for a fruit cheesecake instead, try these mini strawberry cheesecake bites – cute and delicious!
- This Key Lime Margarita Pie is so good as well. I have a variety of awesome dessert recipes to try. Dig in!
- Cheesecake doesn’t have to be ordinary, proof is in these Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles! This recipe also takes this classic treat up a notch.
Mini Mocha Cheesecakes
Easy to make and delicious Mini Mocha Cheesecakes recipe with chocolate coffee beans and a cool chip cocoa topping, the perfect mocha cupcake!
- 10 vanilla creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, about 3/4 cup, finely crushed
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 8 oz. pkg Cream Cheese, 250 g each, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee Original Roast
- 2 tsp water
- 4 oz Baker's Premium 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate, melted, cooled
- 3/4 cup Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 24 chocolate-covered coffee beans
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press about 1 Tbsp. onto bottom of each of 12 foil-lined muffin cups. Bake 8 min.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer until blended. Add eggs; beat just until blended. Dissolve coffee in water. Add to batter with melted chocolate; beat until blended. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each cup. (Note: Cups will be full.)
- Bake 23 to 25 min. or until centres are almost set. Cool completely.
- Mix Cool Whip and cocoa powder until blended; pipe onto cheesecakes. Garnish with coffee beans.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 18 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
This recipe will be perfect for christmas dinner!
I love anything with coffee in it. I’ve love to try these. I love the presentation of these cheesecakes as well. They look so lovely and delicious!
These look so good! I’ve been looking for a mocha cupcake recipe, this mini cheesecake is much better!
I love mocha flavour abd these look amazing , thank you for sharing
Just added to my Recipe Box & cant wait to try!!
Oooh these look amazing! I absolutely LOVE cheesecake! So much for my post holiday clean eats 😉
These are so cute. I’ve been looking for a mini cheesecake recipe and I love mocha flavour. thanks!
Wonderful! They look delish and so cute!
I’ll definitely try these soon!
A great recipe for using the instant coffee I have in my cupboard from another recipe we got tired of
yummy these look scrumptious , thanks for sharing the recipe a must try 🙂
love to try these. I love these cheesecakes, look so lovely and delicious!
Oh boy cheesecake & chocolate, my favourite combination, they look scrumptious!
Now that hubby is over the man flu, I have to entertain my in laws. This recipe is perfect! ☺️
Thank you for sharing this recipe, it looks delicious
These sound absolutely amazing, these would make the perfect treat after supper to go along with a cup of coffee!!
I have to make these! I won’t eat them all I swear…..
Oh boy, LOVE the coffee, chocolate, cheesecake combination, they look & sound scrumptious, thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!