Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
With a 10 minute prep, you’ll love this easy and delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala for its mushroom and creamy garlic marsala wine sauce.
Like our incredible Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken dish, this Best Crock-Pot Chicken Marsala Recipe is one that the whole family will love!
It’s from our collection of favorite slow cooker chicken dish recipes like Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken.
Traditional Chicken Marsala is a popular and classic italian recipe, because of its delicious creamy marsala sauce.
Yet most people just order it in restaurants. Did you know that this is a simple recipe that you can easily make at home?
I love the savory taste of garlic, mushroom and herb sauce in this slow cooker chicken marsala recipe. Everyone at the table remarked at how tender the chicken was too. BONUS!
My kids aren’t big fans of mushrooms, so while they picked out the actual mushrooms out of this dish, they loved the mushroom sauce in this delicious meal. Go figure!
Bookmark this one as an easy recipe for those busy weeknights. We always need more of those to put on dinner rotation.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
This Crockpot Chicken Marsala recipe is a dump and slow cook recipe. It has an easy 10 minute prep too, so you can get this started before you leave for the day.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this creamy crockpot chicken marsala:
- boneless chicken breast (or chicken thighs)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- sweet marsala wine
- heavy cream
- fresh parsley
If you’d like to brown the boneless skinless chicken breasts for a bit first, that is up to you. It’s not necessary to this recipe, yet some might have that preference of a more held together outside.
To make: Spray the crockpot with cooking spray (or rub some olive oil on the bottom and sides of the dish) and then add the chicken in a single layer into the slow cooker.
Add in the the seasoning, garlic, mushrooms and marsala wine. Then allow to slow cook for 5-6 hours on low heat. Yes, this most definitely is a recipe for easy slow cooker chicken marsala!
What is Marsala Wine?
The dry and sweet versions of Marsala are wines produced in the region surrounding the Italian city of Marsala in Sicily. It is commonly used for baking and cooking.
Can you substitute Marsala Wine?
- Marsala cooking wine should be available at most stores, yet you might have to ask for assistance in locating it at the grocery store. While using it gives the best results, in a pinch you can substitute marsala wine for chicken broth with a touch of brown sugar and salt. Of course the taste will be much less authentic, so keep this in mind.
After the cooking time, take out the chicken and add cornstarch then heavy cream to the sauce, so it makes a thicker sauce.
I have been brave in the past and added them both in and whisk like mad. Or you can make a cornstarch slurry and combine the water and corn starch in a small bowl before adding it into the slow cooker.
When you return chicken to the crock pot, increase heat and allow to simmer for about a half hour until sauce has thickened.
The resulting chicken will be so amazingly tender that it might want to fall apart somewhat on transfer. That’s ok!
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
Usually I serve my crockpot marsala over broad cooked noodles, it is one of the best italian recipes after all.
Yet mashed potatoes or rice would also be great choices. Just make sure to spoon mushroom mixture of the creamy marsala wine sauce over the top as a final touch.
I also like to serve mine with a side of cooked vegetables like Honey Glazed Carrots or Roasted Parmesan Green Beans.
The tender chicken breasts make for easy recipes that go with so many side dishes, it’s a very versatile meal.
MORE EASY RECIPES FOR DELICIOUS DINNERS
- Jerk Chicken
- Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
- Crockpot Orange Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bolognese
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
With this crock pot chicken marsala recipe, the chicken slowly soaks up the wonderful flavor of the sauce producing the tastiest chicken ever.
Dinner recipes should always be this tasty and simple.
Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
With a 10 minute prep, this easy and delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala includes mushrooms and garlic in a savory marsala sauce.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sweet marsala cooking wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Grease your slow cooker and add chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper to your liking
- Top chicken with garlic, mushroom slices and marsala wine. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on low.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside. Whisk together water and cornstarch until dissolved, and add it to the sauce that is in the crockpot. Whisk to combine.
- Switch the slow cooker to high setting, and add the heavy cream. Whisk again
- Transfer chicken back to the slow cooker , cover and cook for another 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm topped with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- - you can substitute marsala win for chicken broth if you are in a pinch.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 536mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 39g
I like how fast you can prepare this meal
This looks so good and pretty easy to make!
Ten minute prep is my kind of meal! And it looks delicious too.
never made in a slowcooker, I like that! would surely become a family favourite!
This looks absolutely delicious!
This is amazing!!!!
Chicken and mushrooms are definitely one of my favourite combos. Thanks for the recipe.