Instant Pot BBQ Ribs
These Instant Pot BBQ Ribs are so flavorful and fall off the bone tender. With a simple dry rub and smothered in apple juice and barbecue sauce, it’s made in just 40 minutes.
You’ll love this mouthwatering Instant Pot Ribs recipe that is so finger-licking good!
The Best Fall-Off-The-Bone Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
My go-to BBQ ribs recipe is usually these fall off the bone slow cooker ribs. they are tried and true and simply delicious.
Yet let’s face it, sometimes we just don’t plan dinner far enough in advance to pull out the slow cooker in the morning.
Sometimes you don’t want to heat up the whole house with the oven being on so long.
Ribs were one of the first recipes I made when I got my pressure cooker. Actually, tender ribs are the ideal food to make using an instant Pot.
Plus, making pressure cooker ribs is so very easy, because they produce that same tender fall off the bone tender taste that you want in ribs. They also take a fraction of the time to make.
This great recipe makes the best ribs ever. Kinda makes you feel like a domestic rockstar!
As a reminder, the detailed ingredients and instructions for this recipe are included in the printable recipe card below.
Yet here are the simple ingredients required:
- Pork Ribs – Baby back ribs are my favorite ribs, as I like lean meat with little gristle. Yet you can use spare ribs as well, or your preferred type of ribs.
- Spice Rub – I use a homemade blend of course salt (such as sea salt or kosher salt), black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and brown sugar.
- Apple Juice – For the cooking liquid. In a pinch you could also use pineapple juice, orange juice, or broth with a few drops of liquid smoke.
- BBQ Sauce – Use your favorite bbq sauce brand, or try your own homemade bbq sauce.
Can I use Apple Cider Vinegar instead of Apple Juice?
Yes, these are interchangeable.
How to Make Instant Pot Ribs:
- Combine spices in a small bowl and rub over both sides of racks. You’ll want to also cover the underside of the ribs as well.
- Place the wire rivet inside the Instant Pot and add the cup of water and apple juice to the bottom of the instant pot.
- The best way to place the ribs into an instant pot is to curl the rack of ribs (seasoned ribs) in a circle on the top of the trivet. The rack will be standing on it’s side as shown in the photo below.
- Secure lid, close vent and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes
- When time goes off, release pressure safely via the quick release. Remove ribs to a lined baking sheet (covered with aluminium foil).
- Slather ribs in BBQ sauce using a basting brush. Broil in the oven for 3-4 minutes. You can even use a even an Easy Homemade Keto BBQ Sauce.
- Enjoy with your choice of sides.
I’m always blown away at how fast and easy it is to cook ribs in an Instant Pot.
Enjoy this pressure cooked ribs recipe, it won’t disappoint!
What to Serve with Instant Pot Ribs
Serve these Instant Pot ribs with an easy potato salad recipe or this delicious BLT Pasta Salad.
Instant Pot Ribs leftovers should be placed in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 4 days.
More Instant Pot Recipes
If you’d like another rib recipe, try our Slow Cooker Fall Off the Bone Ribs recipe. It’s a vintage recipe that I’ve loved since I was a kid.
Instant Pot BBQ Ribs
Tender BBQ ribs are finger lickin' good thanks to this super-easy and no-fuss Instant Pot BBQ Ribs recipe. With a spice rub and BBQ sauce broil, this classic comfort food can be on your table in 40 minutes. You'll love this mouthwatering recipe!
- 2 racks of baby back ribs
- 1 tsp course salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Combine spices in a small bowl and rib over both sides of racks
- Place the wire rivet inside the Instant Pot and add water and apple juice
- Curl racks of ribs in a circle on the rivet, standing on sides
- Secure lid, close vent and pressure cook on high for 25 minutes
- When time goes off, release pressure safely and remove ribs to a foil lined baking sheet
- Slather ribs in BBQ sauce and broil in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 5 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 524Saturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 402mgSodium: 1409mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 105g
Created by Tammi Roy
Tammi Roy is the founder of My Organized Chaos, a Canadian food and lifestyle blog. She lives in Alberta, Canada and is the mom of three beautiful teenage girls. Tammi’s passions are her family, creating and sharing delicious recipes, travelling and photography. Learn more about Tammi.