Cinnamon Bun Monkey Bread
Cinnamon Bun Monkey Bread is a mountain of miniature cinnamon buns. Mouthwatering pull-apart pieces of dessert bundles that is so very simple to make.
Cinnamon Bun Monkey Bread
When I had made Pizza Monkey Bread recipe, I had purchased way too many tubes of refrigerated biscuits just in case I had to re-do the recipe a couple of times to make it perfect.
Turns out, the first go was a hit, so then I had leftover ingredients to use up. We all know that after dinner comes dessert, and that’s how this pull-apart dessert monkey bread came to be.
OK, to not waste groceries AND the need for a simple yet outstanding dessert to enjoy with my kids on a lazy afternoon at home.
Pull-apart cinnamon roll monkey bread is most likely one of the easiest desserts to make, along with basic and practical.
Using a bundt pan and few ingredients results in a wonderful sweet treat that is perfect for any occasion from potlucks to no reason at all.
I had fully expected for this pillsbury cinnamon roll monkey bread to be enjoyed over the course of a couple of days yet everyone picked pieces all evening long until it was gone.
It’s kind of nice to have a dessert that isn’t hugely consumed in one sitting, but rather small increments of delicious throughout some time.
That’s why this recipe would make a great addition to an informal gathering, so people can enjoy at their leisure.
Yet this dessert is a stunner, so it would be elegant for christmas morning breakfast or a brunch recipe for those special occasions.
Aside from the classic cinnamon bun bread taste, I most love the drizzled icing on top and in every bite.
Since this recipe uses pillsbury grands cinnamon rolls refrigerated biscuits, the icing is already there in the package and ready to use as the topping – and it’s so good.
This homemade monkey bread recipe takes 4 simple ingredients. As always the full instructions are on the printable recipe card below.
- Pillsbury Grands refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- melted butter
How to Make this Recipe:
Preheat oven to 400º. Grease a bundt pan well with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
Place all cinnamon roll dough sections in the prepared bundt pan in an even layer. Set aside the included cream cheese icing from the package.
In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Pour the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over biscuit dough balls.
Bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven. It’s done when the dough on the outside is golden brown, and the center feels like it’s ‘set’ when you lightly push on it.
For best results, make sure not to overcook.
If needed, use a fork to gently push aside the top pieces so you have a look and feel of the inner pieces.
Once cooked, remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes then invert onto a plate. Drizzle with the cream cheese frosting that came with the biscuits over the top of the monkey bread before serving. ENJOY!
Enjoy this easy cinnamon roll monkey bread recipe my friends, it’s definitely on to try and make time and again!
What to Serve with This Recipe
This Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread is great all on its own for a delicious snack, dessert, or perfect breakfast. Adults will love a cup of hot coffee with it.
If serving for dessert: You could serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
If serving for breakfast or brunch: it goes well with fresh fruit and savoury dishes like Bisquick Sausage Breakfast Casserole and Spinach and Broccoli Quiche.
- Make sure you use Pillsbury Grands refrigerated cinnamon rolls, as there is a smaller package that is just too small.
- Before adding the ingredients, make sure to grease the pan well on all sides with nonstick spray or soft butter.
- If you want, make additional glaze alongside the icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls. More is oftentimes merrier!
- Remove the monkey bread from the pan after cooking and do not let it sit in the pan to fully cool, as it will just continue to cook and will overcook.
- If you think the top is cooking too fast, lightly cover with aluminum foil to allow for the middle to catch up.
Additions and Variations
- Drizzle our Homemade Nutella on top too, for a chocolatey taste.
- Add chopped pecans or chopped walnuts on top for a crunchy nutty taste.
- If serving for breakfast or brunch, try drizzling maple syrup on top.
- Another drizzle option is caramel sauce, and it goes so well with the vanilla glaze.
This cinnamon roll pull apart bread should be stored at room temperature, in an airtight container or covered well with plastic wrap. Leftover monkey bread will last up to 3 days.
Tip: If refrigerated, it will harden.
Can I Freeze Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread?
You could, yet it’s not recommended to freeze this cinnamon roll monkey bread recipe. The texture and taste will alter too much for enjoyment. This easy recipe should be made and enjoyed as fresh as possible.
No Bundt Pan? No problem. Use a casserole dish or loaf pan and adjust the cook time to suit. Check on your monkey bread regularly to make sure it’s not overcooking.
More Dessert Recipes:
- Cinnamon Bun Cake
- Reese Cinnamon Buns
- Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Chocolate Raspberry Cream Pie
- Berry Triffle
- Peaches and Cream Bars
- Cream Cheese Tarts
Cinnamon Bun Monkey Bread
Cinnamon Bun Monkey Bread is a mountain of miniature cinnamon buns. Pull-apart pieces of dessert bundles that is so very simple to make.
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands refrigerated cinnamon rolls, each section quartered
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400º. Grease a bundt pan well, and set aside.
- Place all biscuit sections in the pan evenly throughout, setting aside the included frosting.
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Pour evenly over biscuits
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until dough on the outside is brown and the center feels like it's 'set' when you lightly push on it. If needed, use a fork to gently push aside the top pieces so you have a look and feel of the inner pieces.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes then invert onto a plate. Drizzle frosting that came with the biscuits over the top before serving. ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 10 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 957mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g
These look so good! We actually like those cinnamon buns and they sound even better this way, extra butter and sugar? YUM!
Sounds easy enough even for me.
I have not made Monkey Bread for years. I think it is time.