Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake, a simple fall pumpkin cake recipe with cream cheese frosting that is made from box mix. Decadent and comforting in every bite!
One of my favourite cakes ever is a delicious poke cake, it’s just so moist and flavourful!
It’s the time of year for pumpkin poke cake recipe and to ‘pumpkin spice all the things. What a great time to highlight this recipe since it’s The Best Pumpkin Cake I’ve Ever Had.
Pumpkin Spice Cake is also one of my favourite comforting indulgences loaded with fall flavors. It is up there with our Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Muffins.
The difference is this recipe is a pumpkin spice cake recipe with box mix and the other is from scratch. You’ll love this easy pumpkin dessert.
Unlike other poke cake recipes, this one doesn’t take too many ingredients and does use a box of cake mix and canned frosting.
I have absolutely no shame in that fact, some of my best cake recipes calls for some shortcuts.
It’s what you add and how you cook it – that truly makes all the difference. It’s just such a time saver to our busy lives!
Ingredients to Make Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting:
You’ll need just 7 simple ingredients to make this moist cake recipe with the most delicious frosting. The full detailed instructions are on the printable recipe card below.
- pumpkin spice cake mix
- pumpkin purée
- pumpkin pie spice
- sweetened condensed Milk
- cream cheese frosting
- cool whip
To Make this Pumpkin Poke Cake Recipe:
Spray a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
Mix the dry cake mix, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and milk together in a large bowl. You can use a hand mixer or electric mixer on medium speed for this.
Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure all is blended evenly.
Pour batter into the prepared pan, and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Using a handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the top of the cake. The pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top of cake ensuring some goes into the holes of the cake.
Allow the cake to sit for a couple hours at room temperature. This ensures the cake will absorb the evaporated milk.
Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese frosting, if you are using grocery store icing. If you’d like a Cream Cheese Frosting recipe, I got you. This is the best frosting ever! Actually, its the same icing I use for our World’s Best Carrot Cake.
We like to eat this cake with a warm cup of coffee using our Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer.
Place cake leftovers of this pumpkin pie poke cake into an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
I love that this easy pumpkin spice cake recipe calls for some of my favourite ingredients ever, Cool Whip and cream cheese frosting.
Why aren’t these two things food groups on their own? Combined with the classic fall taste of pumpkin – this is an easy cake recipe that cannot be beat!
Think of Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake next time you are entertaining, or are thinking of a great dessert after a comforting meal – or simply because life calls for a little sweetness now and then.
This easy poke cake recipe is perfect for a chilly day. It won’t take a lot of time and the results will be incredible. We love the delicious pumpkin flavor of this cake.
Enjoy this and our other delicious pumpkin desserts!
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 1 can Pumpkin Puree, 15 oz
- ¼ cup Milk
- 2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tub Cream cheese frosting
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, mix the spice cake, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and milk together. Mix until combined.
- Pour into a greased 7 x 11 cake pan
- Bake for approximately 35 – 40 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool
- With the handle part of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the top of the cake, all over. Be sure to go all the way to the bottom.
- Pour the entire can of Sweetened Condensed Milk over the top the cake and allow to sit a few hours (or even overnight) in order for the cake to absorb the evaporated milk.
- Heat the cream cheese frosting for 30 seconds in the microwave, and pour into a bowl (be sure it’s not too hot or it will melt the cool whip)
- Slowly fold in the cool whip
- Spread over the top of the cake evenly.
- Sprinkle a very light dusting of pumpkin pie spice over the top of the cake.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 971Saturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 820mgCarbohydrates: 163gFiber: 3gSugar: 130gProtein: 10g