These Mini Egg Cheesecake Bars are the perfect Easter cheesecake recipe. With delicious vanilla cheesecake, you won’t be able to resist this dessert.
This time of year brings about more sunshine, less bulky clothing, the promise of spring with bits of green peeking through all the winter brown – and mini eggs!
These coated chocolates have to be one my top favourites of all time. I have to watch myself around these, it can be crazy how many mini eggs I can eat.
It only goes without saying, sooner or later I’d feature a recipe with my favourite easter candy – so may I introduce to you:
Mini Egg Cheesecake Bites!
Also called Mini Egg Cheesecake Bars, quite honestly this recipe helps me restrain from eating a whole bag of mini eggs on their own. I have been known to do that from time to time, they are so incredibly good.
These Mini Egg Cheesecake Bites are a perfect Easter treat and result in creamy cheesecake. The colours are fresh like spring, and the taste is amazing.
Just like my Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies, it’s the refreshing spring Easter eggs colours has me smiling. Well, then the taste hits so perfectly, I love them even more.
If you are bringing a themed treat to the school or want a dessert to bring on those spring-feelings, these mini cheesecakes for you.
It’s the perfect time of year to make this easter egg cheesecake recipe, because mini eggs are literally everywhere you can find easter chocolate.
How to Make Mini Egg Cheesecake Bars
This perfect easter dessert consists of two layers and a crushed candy topping. Here are the simple ingredients you’ll need to make this simple cheesecake recipe. The full instructions are below in the printable recipe card.
- graham cracker crumbs
- room temperature cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- large eggs
- french vanilla coffee creamer
- crushed mini eggs – easily done in the food processor or with a ziploc bag and rolling pin
- more crushed mini eggs
Preheat oven to 325F. Line a 8X8 square baking pan with parchment paper, with about 2 inches overlapping the sides of the pan. In a small bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Using a spatula, press the cookie layer evenly on the bottom of the prepared baking pan and refrigerate the layer of graham cracker crust for 5-10 minutes.
Using an electric mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and the large mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and sugar. Beat on low speed until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, turning it up to medium speed. Make sure to scrape the cheesecake mixture from the sides of the bowl with a spatula, so it all mixes well.
Pour in the coffee creamer and stir to combine. Then fold in the crushed mini eggs. Pour this cheesecake batter onto the crust and bake cheesecake in a preheated oven and bake bake mini egg cheesecake for 35-40 minutes. Turn off the oven, slightly open the oven’s door and let the cheesecake cool in the oven for 1 hour.
Remove from the oven and chill in the fridge for a 1-2 hours. Remove the cheesecake from the pan using the hanging paper, and cut into desired number of bars.
Top with remaining mini eggs which have been crushed into pieces, pressing some down into the cheesecake if you’d like. You can also top each bar with a whole mini egg for a different look. If your house is warm, these mini cadbury eggs cheesecakes will become melty. For best results, refrigerate if needed until just before serving.
How long does cheesecake last in the fridge?
Store your cheesecake in the fridge in an airtight container so it doesn’t absorb other odours. Prepared cheesecake can be stored in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
It might look like there are many steps to this easter cheesecake recipes, yet this mini cheesecake recipe is worth taking the time for the cheesecake to cook and cool properly. Adapted from a Philadelphia cheesecake recipe, this one is my all-time favourite cheesecake recipe.
Plus, I love the addition of the french vanilla coffee creamer. I think it really makes the flavour pop in this recipe. YUM!
I always look forward to the return of cadbury mini eggs so I can make this recipe. My favorite holiday candy is even better when you can turn them into such a fabulous dessert.
If you have a favourite sweet treat to make with mini eggs, let me know in the comments below! Happy Spring!
Don’t forget to try these Glazed Lemon Cookies for another great easter recipes. The lemon flavour is mild and refreshing! Another recipe we love is a dip that tastes just like mint chocolates. It’s Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Cookie Dip – check it out!
- 3/4 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/8 cup french vanilla coffee creamer
- 20-25 mini eggs, crushed into pieces
- 20-30 mini eggs, most crushed yet save a dozen for a nice touch on top
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a 8X8 square baking pan with parchment paper, with about 2 inches overlapping the sides of the pan.
- In a small bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Using a spatula, press it evenly on the bottom of the prepared baking pan and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- Using a mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese and sugar. Beat on low speed until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula so it mixes well.
- Pour in the coffee creamer and stir to combine. Then fold in the crushed mini eggs.
- Pour this cheesecake filling onto the crust and bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. Turn off the oven, slightly open the oven's door and let the cheesecake cool in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and chill in the fridge for a 1-2 hours.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan using the hanging paper, and cut into desired number of bars.
- Top with the crushed mini eggs, pressing some down into the cheesecake if desires. You can also top each bar with a whole mini egg.
- If the house is warm, the cheesecake will become melty so refrigerate if needed until just before serving
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 16
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 690Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 6gSugar: 62gProtein: 7g