Lasagna is always a favourite meal, make these baked Petite Lasagna Cups Recipe uses Wonton Wrappers instead of pasta noodles.
Petite Lasagna Cups
For another variation, try this slow cooker easy lasagna recipe!
Lasagna is always a favourite meal for everyone! A while back I spotted a recipe for Petite Lasagna Cups, using Wonton Wrappers instead of lasagna noodles.
I adapted the recipe with my own favourite ‘lasagna’ ingredients, and voila!
Here it is! These cute individual lasagna servings resemble lasagna cupcakes, don’t they?!
These easy lasagna cups take less time to bake than regular lasagna and contains less calories. You can use half-fat Cottage Cheese if you wish – but it’s Lasagna!
You only live once, so I say enjoy this classic taste! These mini lasagnas present nicely too, right?
This delicious recipe is great for a main dish dinner or for as a perfect appetizer addition.
My family loves these mini lasagna cups. We will be making this again! This new easy way to enjoy the ultimate comfort food is perfect for a busy weeknight or gatherings.
Ingredients to Make Lasagna Cups
You’ll need the following simple ingredients to make this easy recipe, much loved by the whole family. The full detailed instructions are on the below printable recipe card.
- Lean Ground Beef
- Fresh Mushrooms
- can Crushed Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
- Cottage Cheese
- Frozen Spinach
- shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Wonton Wrappers
- Spices: Oregano, Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper to taste
How to Make Lasagna Cups
Star by preheating oven to 375ºF and getting out a muffin tray.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef, onions, mushrooms and seasonings. Simmer until cooked.
Add the crushed tomatoes and sauce, bring the pan to a gentle boil. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the Cottage Cheese and Spinach. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil. Place 1 wonton wrapper into each of the 12 cups, pressing firmly in the bottom of the cup and up the sides.
Spoon in some Cottage Cheese mixture into the bottom of each cup. Aim to use about half of the mixture for all in the muffin pan.
Spoon in half of the meat mixture, again using about half. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
Gently press another wonton wrapper on top of the mozzarella layer.
Repeat the process for a second layer by: distributing the remaining Cottage Cheese, then the remaining tomato sauce/meat mixture, and finally the rest of the shredded mozzarella.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until the shredded cheese has melted and the wonton edges start to turn golden brown and crispy.
Let the cups cool for 5 minutes then remove them from the pan, and serve!
Sometimes I like to add some ricotta cheese into the cottage cheese mixture. It’s also great to add a sprinkling of parmesan cheese as well. Because, lasagna is all about cheese!
You can also subsitute all the seasonings for a nice Italian seasoning to simplify things.
If you’d rather use your favorite marinara sauce, spaghetti sauce or pasta sauce instead of the crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce, go ahead. It’s all about preference when cooking.
Instead of ground beef, try this recipe with ground turkey or Italian sausage. These can be made using your personal favorite lasagna ingredients!
Side Dishes for Lasagna Cups:
We like to serve this with a side salad or caesar salad. Simple roasted vegetable sides are great with this dish.
Other choices include: breadsticks and/or a caprese salad.
If you have leftovers, it;’s best to store them individually rather than assembled.
If I have leftover meat sauce and cheese layer, I place each in individual airtight containers (or cover with plastic wrap). Refrigerate for up to 4 days. They are simple to assemble and bake the next day.
More Easy Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Easy Lasagna
- One Pot Lasagna Soup
- Butternut Squash Lasagna
- Crispy Chicken Wonton Tacos
- Easy Wonton Soup
Also try this wonderful Tuscan Barley Soup!
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 14 ounces crushed Tomatoes
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1.5 cups Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup Frozen Spinach, thawed
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 24 small square Wonton Wrappers
- Oregano, Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef/turkey, onions, mushrooms and seasonings. Simmer until cooked
- Add crushed tomatoes and sauce, bring the pan to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the Cottage Cheese and Spinach. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 wonton wrapper into each of the 12 cups, pressing firmly in the bottom of the cup and up the sides
- Spoon in Cottage Cheese mixture, using about half for the 12 muffin cups
- Spoon in half of the beef/turkey and tomato sauce mixture, again using about half.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella
- Gently press another wonton wrapper on top of the mozzarella layer
- Repeat the process by distributing the remaining Cottage Cheese, then the remaining tomato sauce/meat mixture, and finally the rest of the shredded mozzarella
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted
- Let the cups cool for 5 minutes then remove them from the pan, and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 1107mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 35g