Not only is this One-Pan Orange Chicken a 30-Minute Easy Dinner, yet it’s one that requires few ingredients.
One-Pan Orange Chicken
For a sticky sweet version of this recipe, plus made in the crockpot, try this Slow Cooker Orange Chicken recipe!
This time of year may be overflowing with chaos, but having easy yet delicious meals like this on hand – makes the daily grind a little smoother. And in this case, a tad sweeter too. If you like the sounds of this recipe, why not try this One-Pan Maple Mustard Chicken?
These past couple months have been a whirlwind with back to school and the reintroduction of activities and appointments. The biggest change in routine for me, was trying to adapt from the lazy days of summer, to trying to get dinner on the table some nights.
Before meals were created and enjoyed at leisure, with no time pressure. Now theres at least three days per week which leave 30 minutes to get dinner on the table.
When I stumbled on this One-Pan Orange Chicken recipe, I almost passed it over. It wasn’t a typical go-to combination for me, and in the past I’d settle for a old favourite rather than risk trying something so new.
Yet curiosity got the better of me, and one night I made One-Pan Orange Chicken. This only reaffirmed how much my stubbornness makes me so frustratingly narrow minded sometimes. This dish is pretty good!
Not only is this One-Pan Orange Chicken 30-Minute Easy Dinner, yet it’s one that requires few ingredients.
Also, I love the smell of the red onion and orange juice when boiling, it’s a unique scent that screamed for a taste-test before it was even done.
If you’re looking for a new way to cook chicken, this recipe is for you! Yet don’t forget to check out this French Onion Chicken Bake recipe, it’s truly amazing!
And if one-pan recipes are what you are after, make sure to check out this Skillet Monterey Chicken.
Do you ever cook a main dish with oranges?
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1 lb./450 g, cut horizontally in half
- 1 Tbsp red onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Kraft Sweet Onion Vinaigrette Dressing
- 4 thin navel orange slices
- 1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3-1/2 to 4 min. on each side or until done (170ºF). Transfer chicken to plate; cover to keep warm.
- Add onions and orange juice to skillet; bring to boil. Simmer on medium heat 2 min., stirring occasionally to scrape browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Whisk corn starch, sugar and dressing until blended. Add to skillet; cook and stir 30 sec. or until thickened. Add chicken (with juices) and orange slices; cook 30 sec.
- Place chicken on platter; top with orange slices and sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
Serving Suggestion - Serve with hot cooked long-grain brown rice and seasonal mixed fresh vegetables.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Cholesterol: 36mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 12gSugar: 9gProtein: 12g