Glazed Maple Salmon – marinate the filets with maple syrup and soy sauce for only 30 minutes and baked until it flakes. Simple and easy recipe
Maple Salmon Recipe
Need another simple yet delicious dinner idea? Try this Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli!
We scored one awesome package of salmon recently, and wanted to change up how we cooked it. Usually I use some butter and spices, yet this time I wanted more of a sweet taste.
Hubby suggested I make my Maple Salmon recipe, and it was perfection! Luckily I had some time to marinate the salmon, but for the time-crunched, you really only have to do so for 30 minutes. Trust me, it’s worth the time taken.
The result isn’t as sweet as you’d think, and it definitely doesn’t take away from the salmon-taste. It just gives it a bit more sweet flavour, yet if you have some juices on your plate and really rub it in before eating, that’s when you get that full maple taste.
Also the scent that fills the house when cooking, is simply divine. Luckily, you don’t have to wait too long though, it really is a quick and easy recipe to make.
Wanting a lighter meal on this night, we served our salmon with only a fresh tossed salad, yet you could add some rice as well. You bake salmon until it flakes, yet I kept it in the oven just a couple minutes more, to really glaze and allow the marinate to bake right on there.
How do you usually make salmon?
- 1 pound Salmon Filets
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper
- Place salmon in a glass baking pan and coat with maple mixture.
- Cover the dish and marinate the salmon in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, turning once mid-way through.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Remove the cover off the dish and bake the salmon for 20 minutes or until it easily flakes with a fork
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 5 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Cholesterol: 49mgSodium: 443mgCarbohydrates: 11gSugar: 9gProtein: 18g