These crumbly Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies are salty and sweet. One of the best classic cookies to dunk into a glass of milk. With a 15 minute prep time and an 8 minute cook time, these are simple cookie to bake, and with just 6 ingredients.
As many cookie recipes as I make, I always come back to the comforting traditional chocolate chip cookie.
Children and adults alike have chocolate chip variety on their all-time favorite cookies list. Just the smell as they cook alone, bring on nostalgia and comfort.
Yet not all chocolate chip cookie is created equal, and this one is very unique for a few reasons. If you’d like a classic cookie, this recipe is for you.
How to Make Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pecans takes only 6 ingredients to make, and you’ll see a very different ingredient to make it stand out from the rest – pudding mix!
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- All Purpose Flour
- Unsalted Butter
- Caramel Bits
- Box Chocolate Pudding Mix
- Coarse Sea Salt
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and pudding mix.
You can do this by hand with a spatula, or use a handheld electric mixer on low speed.
Then combine flour into the wet ingredients, and mix until well combined.
Fold in half of the pecans and caramel chips and then make 1 inch balls (estimate or use a cookie scoop) with the batter by using your hands to roll dough.
Place on the prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart.
Then lightly press dough to flatten, with your hand or using the bottom of a glass to make flat round cookies.
Before going into the oven, sprinkle the top of the cookies with the reserved pecans and the coarse salt.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are golden brown a little bit. Cool the cookies on a rack for a bit, and then enjoy!
Due to the lack of cornstarch and liquids in this recipe, this isn’t your standard soft chewy cookie.
These caramel pecan cookies with pieces of caramel are semi-sweet and crisp. It’s meant to be a cookie that will slightly crumble and crunch with a caramel flavor in each bite.
In other words, they are so perfect for dunking in milk.
These cookies are the perfect blend of salty and sweet, with bits of chewy caramel.
The flavour is thanks to coarse sea salt, bit of creamy caramel, and some delicious pecans. Just like your favorite turtle candy!
These chocolate cookies with caramel bits are a good cookie for snacking at home, gifting, or as one of many on cookie trays a potluck.
The taste of these caramel chocolate chip cookies are exactly what any amazing cookies should taste like.
I’m in love with baking cookies, especially this time of year. The cool weather and the upcoming holidays twist my rubber arm into spending more time in the kitchen.
Yet you might want to remember, this cookie is made all year long with no regrets.
Tips to Make Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- When baked, the caramel bits absorb into the cookie to give it a more spread out caramel flavour.
- Do not over-bake these cookies. It’s easy to do and just one or two minutes over the time will make them rock hard. So, watch that oven carefully.
- You can substitute for other pudding flavours to switch up the cookie options.
- You can also make this recipe without the pecans, if desired.
- Unlike some cookie recipes, it’s not recommended to refrigerate this cookie dough.
How to Store Cookies:
Cookies should be stored at room temperature in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap. Store in a cool and dry place like the pantry.
These best cookies will stay good for about 4 days, then they will start to harden too much.
Have that glass of milk ready or even crumble over ice cream. These will soon be your new favorite cookie recipe ever!
LOOKING FOR MORE BEST COOKIES?
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Cookies
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Caramel Bits
- 3/4 cups Pecans, chopped and divided
- 1 Box Chocolate Pudding Mix (3.5 oz)
- 1 Tablespoon Coarse Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a standard baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and pudding mix.
- Add in the flour and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in ½ cup of the pecans and the caramel bits.
- Roll the batter into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking dish.
- Lightly flatten with hands and sprinkle each cookie with a bit of the leftover pecans and some sea salt.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes then let rest on the pan for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
- Do not over bake. It’s easy to do and just one or two minutes over will make them too hard.
- You can substitute for other pudding flavors to switch up the cookie flavour.
- Do not refrigerate this cookie dough.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 361mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g