These Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings are a perfect appetizer game day food with an incredible combination of sweetness and spiciness in every bite. Crispy and delicious!
Sriracha Chicken Wing Recipe
So if you think you need a deep fryer to get crispy wings, no way.
You also Can make wings with NO OIL, using an air fryer as well. Our Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings have a delicious sweet chili taste.
With a perfect balance of sweet and spicy, this easy chicken wings appetizer recipe is sure to please a crowd, your family and most definitely yourself!
If you follow the recipes here on My Organized Chaos, you might have already noticed that this crispy honey sriracha chicken wings recipe is the third chicken wings recipe that I’ve posted in a short amount of time.
Check out the links below for buffalo wings, lemon pepper wings and then these sweet and spicy chicken wings.
You could call it a recent mad-craving or just an obsession. But how can you blame me – every loves great chicken wings recipes!
Let’s just say I’m set to prove that you can easily make your favourite restaurant or pub appetizer at home. For a fraction of the price at that!
Chicken wings are an ideal go-to for gatherings where a crown-pleasing appetizer is required such as game day.
Yet oftentimes I make chicken wings as your protein main, accompanying fresh veggies and dip, and sometimes also a salad.
Not just as an appetizer for super bowl sunday, I make chicken wings all year long and often for no occasion at all.
How to Make Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings:
You don’t need to fry and make that mess, or stink in the kitchen. This is a healthier and equally yummy way to cook crispy chicken wings.
You’ll need the following simple ingredients to make this easy recipe. The full detailed instructions for these baked wings are on the printable recipe card below.
- chicken wings
- vegetable oil
- all purpose flour
- sriracha sauce
- soy sauce
- lime juice from a fresh lime
First preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Toss chicken wings in oil and place wings on the parchment paper, making sure they don’t overlap. Bake in a preheated oven for 50-60 minutes.
They are done when the wings are golden brown and have crispy skin.
While wings bake, melt butter in a small saucepan on the stove over medium heat or low heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in honey, spicy sriracha sauce, soy sauce and a squeeze of fresh lime. Bring to a boil and then let simmer until sauce is thickened. It should take only a minute or two.
When wings are baked, brush wings with the honey sriracha sauce (chicken wing marinade) and place back onto the parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer.
Broil for 2 minutes of cooking time, then glaze again a little bit. Broil once more and then they should be done. When in doubt, always use a meat thermometer to ensure meat is cooked.
To Serve: Garnish with sesame seeds, chopped green onions and lime wedges.
Storage: Place wing leftovers in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap. Store for up to 4 days. Enjoy the next day cold or reheated.
Tips & Tricks
- The secret is to bake, coat with delicious honey sriracha sauce and then bake again. It’s the double bake that seals in the flavour and provides that to-die-for crisp.
- I actually made all three baked chicken wing varieties in one day. Actually, all these chicken wing recipes start out the same in directions yet finish with different yet equally amazing flavours.
- Place each flavour into a large bowl like an assembly line. If you want variety for your next gathering or large crowd, making all three of these is easy peasy.
Sriracha is one flavour that I absolutely love, so this flavor is the best wings I have made yet. Well, next to wings with hot sauce of course.
I just love that sweet and spicy sauce with that little kick of heat. Such a great combination.
Recall my popular Honey Sriracha Grilled Chicken Skewers recipe? They have a similar flavour yet on a stick and made the BBQ or oven. So make sure to check this one out for the upcoming summer season.
For my fellow wing lovers, this recipe is for you! And for those that aren’t Sriracha-convinced quite yet, let me sway you to the delicious side and pretty much the best thing since the invention of chicken wings.
One sticky finger licking wing at a time!
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice, or juice squeezed from 1 fresh lime
- sesame seeds
- chopped green onion
- preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- toss chicken wings in oil and place them on the parchment paper, making sure they don't overlap. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy
- While wings bake, melt butter in a saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Stir in honey, sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice. Bring to a boil and then let simmer until sauce is thickened. It should take only a minute or two.
- When wings are baked, coat each one in the honey sriracha sauce and place back onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Broil for 2 minutes, then glaze again. Broil once more and then they should be done!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 20 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g